As we all know that Chartered Accountant designation is one of the most widely recognized accounting profile across the globe and becoming a CA takes years and a lot of hard work. In Canada, it is one of the most popular profession as there is a very high demand for skilled professionals in this filed

Some of the best provinces to settle down in Canada as CA are British Columbia, Alberta, and Ontario.

The salary packages of CA can range from 60,000 $CAD to 75,000 $CAD, those who are highly skilled and talented can even earn a more lucratively in this profession.

In Canada CA’s are acknowledged as CPA’s (Chartered Professional Accountant). CPA is the main governing body for this profession; it issues certificates to the candidates who clear its examination. If you want to move to Canada and work as a CA professional there then you have to clear the CPA certification test, you can choose to do this before or after moving to Canada.

Roles and Responsibilities of CA in Canada:

A chartered Accountant always works at the background and helps the businesses by managing their finances and by advising clients about taxation. It is a profession which will always be in demand because not many people have knowledge of accounts, taxation, and finance so they will always go to CA if they need any help.

The basic job qualifications are a bachelor’s degree in accountancy, economics or any general subject like Business administration. For a managerial role, a master’s is also must. Additional, internships and a little experience will be an added benefit. CPA is the licensing and registration for a CA in Canada, which is a compulsory requirement for serving as a Chartered Accountant in Canada.

How to apply for PR status in Canada for as a CA?

For a Chartered Accountant, the process of applying for a Permanent Residency status is the same as it is for any other profession.

Still, there are three most common programs:

  • Express Entry Program
  • Quebec Skilled Workers Program (QSWP)
  • Provincial Nominee Program (PNP)

For immigration as an experienced worker, Express Entry program is the best way to immigrate. It has a subcategory, Federal Skilled Workers Program which is the perfect subcategory for immigration to Canada as a CA.

Written by Jasleen Kaur